#ExploreTheKingdom with Rí the Kerry Puffin
We created an interactive web app that uses the persons location via google maps to place Rí the Kerry Puffin character onto their location that can then be shared via the users phone.
Visit Progressive Web APP here https://puffin.discoverkerry.com/
For the web users to be able to place the Kerry Mascot in all the tourist attractions and in any location around the County (and around the world?)
- Microsite integrated into the discoverkerry.com website following the branding and styling and Google Maps Apis.
- In the microsite, the user can introduce themselves the latitude and longitude or use the autocomplete search to look for places like tourist attractions, beaches, hotels, etc. They also can use an address.
- Once the location is determined, the user will get an image of the place in question and overlay the Kerry Mascot
- The user will be able to do the following with the image:
- Send to their email address
- Download it to phone or desktop
- Share it on their Facebook/ Twitter / Instagram
The interactive web app worked beyond our expectations
Niall was briefed to create an interactive web app for a campaign we we're launching for one of our clients where we needed to bring life to a character we had created. The idea was to develop the character online where you could use the persons location via google maps to place Ri The Kerry Puffin character onto their location that can be shared via the user's phone.